Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Shoes Were My First Love


It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring! Seriously though, the weather is wet in Vancouver. I know BC is well known for it’s rain… but it’s the middle of August! I want my sun. Tomorrow we’re going on a picnic, and I really hope it’s bright and sunny. Because it’s not today though, I’ve been surfing around the web for one of my favourites things… shoes :)


I think men most think it’s programmed into women to love shoes. Personally, I’ve never met a girl who doesn’t like them. From sneakers, to high tops, to ballet flats, to heels; really, there’s something for everybody. But I have to say, for me, it’s something more. Now hang on here, I might be venturing into the crazy-zone right here, but this is the truth. For me, bringing home a new pair of shoes… it’s like bringing home a new child. My heart gets all warm and fuzzy, and I always handle them with care. I’ve been known to cradle a pair of shoes. Maybe it’s because I’m very young and very childless, and the maternal instinct pouring out of me needs to latch onto something, but I don’t know. My shoes are my babies. I try not to play favourites, but when I lift the cover off the newest discernible box, and I know those heels are waiting for me; I melt. It’s like the beginning of beautiful new relationship, when butterflies are still flying around.



Sad, maybe a tad mental, but true.



I would like to point out this doesn’t happen for every pair of shoes though. Only the special few can make me turn to goo inside. The last pair of shoes to do that to me are a pair of heels I got on sale at Payless. (Sale!) They’re wooden with bright red straps and studs to hold them to the base. I love the pop of colour and they’re so solid and sturdy. And honestly, who doesn’t love what heels do for legs? They are the perfect workout. But while we’re on the topic of shoes, I would like to say one thing though. Jeffrey Campbell booties? Not the biggest fan. There is such thing as too much shoe. (Don’t shoot me bloggers!) But for today, enjoy these pictures of drool worthy shoes I really wish could find a home on my feet.

xoxo

Alexandria


(All images found via Pintrest)

No comments:

Post a Comment