Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reflections on TC

 

Another year, another theatre production comes and fades. I've been involved in Theatre Company for 4 years now, and it seems different. Less vibrant, like it's dulled. Sitting on the bus, coming home from The Eatery downtown for a friend's birthday, I've started to realize why. It seems like I've learned everything I can from it. Unless the expierence changes, I can't get anything more out of it the way its going. When I was in Grade 8, I had a conversation with PJ about Grade 12's beginning to detach. They start to break away, their ties slowly snapping, until their focus has drifted away. I said that would never happen to me, but I feel it. It's sad, but that's life. You can't do the same thing year after year, and not want to do more. I want to live life. Thinking these thoughts though can lead down a dangerous path... Can I really do that with an attachment? I stopped my thinking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment